UCSC 2013. Viet
"Let your voice be heard through by saying nothing at all."
--Shaun Evaristo (choreographer, Movement Lifestyle)
My photography blog: http://kevahn-photography.tumblr.com/
i like this but i don’t fully understand it…
you don’t understand how sad this is. each adult is a cross, and each child has been crucified by said cross.
- the priest (i assume he’s a priest, correct me if i’m wrong) killed the little boy in one way or another, probably rape, which is common among corrupted clergy men.
- the tourist comes to an overcrowded, poverty stricken country, taking up any and all resources that could have gone to the little native girl
- the soldier comes to fight for his country, but ends up killing the innocent girl, probably in her village.
- the little boy dies under the doctor’s knife
- the man kills the little girl in a school shooting (represented with the uniform)
- the “fat” kid is killed by obesity caused by a fast food epidemic in america, most commonly mcdonald’s, shown by ronald mcdonald himself.
this is /haunting/ to look at. children can die at anyone’s hand. even the “heros”
This is a fucking stupid idea. Crucifixion was used as a form of punishment to provide a slow & painful execution to condemned inviduals. It is NOT meant as a way to mourn the deceased.
The photographer probably set these up in the name of Christianity but none of these have anything to do with religion and there is no need to push religion on any of the aforementioned unfortunate realities.